menu   Home About Me Creations Advertise  

End of the Year Gifts

As the end of the school year is approaching, 2 weeks and 2 days left with the students to be exact, (not that any of us are counting, haha) I started thinking about end of the year gifts for my kids. So naturally, I hopped on pinterest to find some ideas. I really liked a beach ball and sunglasses idea that I saw, but decided to make my own labels to put on my gift.

I learned this year that making labels in Microsoft Word (2007) is pretty easy. We do use and are planning to use labels on our team for journal prompts and fun ideas like this. The type of labels I use are Staples brand white mailing labels (Avery 5163). They come 10 to a sheet and are 2 inches x 4 inches.

This is how I get to the labels in word: 
In word I choose the tab at the top that says mailings, then choose the labels tab. Then in the box that opens I click options and choose the label number I am using (it tells me on the box of labels what number---5163), and then I choose "full page of the same label" and click "new document".

From here I can add clip art and words using text boxes to make whatever I want...math journal prompt, name tag, or label for my end of the year gift. *The fonts I downloaded from a pinterest link and are called "wish I were taller" and "always in my heart".

This year I am giving each student a beach ball (from the dollar store) with a label that says, "You have worked hard all year long...Have a ball this summer!"

I also wanted to give them each a pair of sunglasses but didn't find what I wanted in stores or on websites, so the beach ball it is for this year!

These beach themed gifts go really well with some of the beach themed station TPT items I am using that Christina has made...check them out: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Browse/Search:mauro+beach

 Stephanie :) 

Here is the completed project:

And here are the sunglasses labels:


These are the labels I like to use:



No comments:

Post a Comment

AdSense