I started by cutting and laminating Christina's word wall cards, then I used white scrap book paper (12x12) to section off where each letter would go. Then I used black electrical tape to define the boxes for each letter. (I like definition so all the words don't look like they run together) After this step, I then used the polka dot border to section the area off. I am deciding if I want to just write the words or tape typed words. And as you can see from the picture below, I also haven't decided where I want to add in the last two stragglers...y and z.
I also found these adorable name plates at Target...24 tags in a pack for $1. And I am going to try a table behavior system this year for things like cleaning up supplies, pushing in chairs, working quietly, coming to and from the carpet correctly etc. I found these "Bravo Boards" on Teachers Pay Teachers as a freebie and each table has one. If a table is doing a great job, a student will color in/mark one box. Once they have 3 boxes marked, the table will get a reward. We'll see how it goes!
I also hung laminated bus di-cuts on the wall near my door to write bus numbers on and the kids that ride each bus. Just thought it would look cute and be a reminder to me of who rides what bus!
That's all I can share for now because despite the progress I have made, my room still feels like a disaster zone!! Or more nicely put, a work in progress :)